How Can You Get Linked In?
Are you one of 150 million-plus members using the world's largest business networking site to gain unprecendented exposure and more? If not, WHY NOT?
Are you one of 150 million-plus members using the world’s largest business networking site to gain unprecendented exposure, exponentially grow your professional network, engage key decision-makers, and increase your revenues? If not, WHY NOT?
Begin creating your winning LinkedIn profile by following these tips:
- Experience: Include all jobs you’ve held. Describe them in detail.
- Recommendations: Seek two or three recommendations for every position you’ve held.
- Web sites: Include three web sites. Direct viewers of your profile to your company web site, mailing list sign-up, videos, your other social media sites, etc.
- Summary: This is akin to a cover letter. Use it to sell yourself.
- Applications: Take full advantage of the apps to post white papers, articles, company brochures, project or product photos, testimonials, etc.
- Keywords: In every area of your profile, include words people might use when searching for you, your company, your products, etc.
Next, use these exceptional LinkedIn features to grow your network and find people who will help you accomplish your goals:
- Advanced People Search: Search for people by name, location, title, company, industry, etc.
- Groups: Join up to 50 groups on LinkedIn and directly contact anyone in these groups. Join discussions to show your expertise and raise your visibility.
- Status Update Box: Stay top of mind with your network by posting periodic status updates. Ask if your network knows any qualified job candidates. Share interesting industry articles or web sites.
Armed with your world-class profile and your effective use of LinkedIn’s people searching and sharing features, you’ll be on your way to taking your business to the next level and beyond.
Wayne Breitbarth, author of The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success: Kick-start Your Business, Brand, and Job Search, is an experienced businessman, speaker, and author who shares his passion for social media with thousands of business professionals through private business consulting and dynamic presentations to local and national audiences. For more insight from Wayne, visit his blog Powerformula.net.